Thursday, February 4, 2010

Love Bug!

Day 3 of the week - The theme this week is Valentines Day. The letters of the week are C, c, D the number of the week is 10.
Project - Love Bug- I saw this craft on the website http://prekinders.com/ under the Valentines Day Theme. It was too cute to pass up! Directions: I traced 1 smaller circle and one larger circle onto red construction paper. Then I traced one larger circle onto pink paper. Connor and Lauren cut out the 3 circles. They glued the smaller red circle onto the larger red circle to form a head and body. Then, they folded the pink circle in half and cut on the folded line - to make the love bugs wings. I overlapped the wings on the tops and punched a hole with a hole puncher. Then, I poked a brad fastener through the punched holes and through the body of the Love Bug to form the wings. Connor and Lauren drew faces on their Love Bugs (Connor used googly eyes), and wrote "I Love You" on the body between the wings. Then they added glitter foam sticky hearts to the wings! They turned out really cute. I love that Connor and Lauren did all of the cutting, gluing and drawing for this project! Materials Needed - Red and pink construction paper, brad fastener, hole puncher, markers, glue stick, scissors, googly eyes (optional), foam hearts
Addie wants to make a Love Bug too!
Learning Activities:
Today's Activities:

Handwriting - tracing shapes
Numbers- number review, writing
Reading Readiness -belongs with
Different Shapes -shape review
Writing Letters - Uppercase D

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for a valentine that my little boys could do for thier grandmas and these love bugs are perfect!

    ReplyDelete