Thursday, February 11, 2010
Glitter Heart Bugs!
Day 3 of the week - The theme this week is Valentines Day. The letters of the week are d, G, g the number of the week is 11.
Project - Glitter Heart Bugs- Thursday is our busy day. Lauren doesn't arrive until 11:00, we have story time at the library, so that pushes lunch and nap time back, by the time Lauren and Addie wake up from their naps, there isn't much of the day left! So, I guess what I am trying to say is, today is our "speed craft day." Again, I am using the foam glitter sticky hearts. We have a lot of them and they are really cute. This is a super easy craft - Connor and Lauren did the whole thing themselves! I actually think for being a "speed craft" it turned out pretty cute!Directions
1. Stick 3 medium glitter foam sticker hearts on top of one another to form the body.
2. Stick a larger foam glitter sticker heart on top of the 3 "body"hearts for the head.
3. Glue googly eyes and a mouth on to the head. (I just cut a rounded sliver out of an extra foam glitter sticker heart)
4. Cut a pipe cleaner into 1 inch pieces (2 for each bug) and curl with a pencil. Then stick the 2 curled pipe cleaners onto the back of the bug's head.
5. Stick 2 larger foam glitter sticker hearts onto the sides of the bug (for wings).
6. Glue glittery or sparkly beads onto the wings.
7. OPTIONAL - Glue a magnet on the back!
Materials Needed - Glitter foam sticker hearts - 3 smaller, 3 larger, googly eyes, sparkly beads, pipe cleaner, glue
Learning Activities: Today's Activities:
Handwriting - tracing shapes
Numbers- number review, writing
Colors - red, writing, coloring, recognition
Reading Readiness -up and down
Different Shapes -shape review
Writing Letters - lowercase g