Monday, February 15, 2010

Coffee Filter Planet!

Day 1 of the week - The theme this week is Outer Space. The letters of the week are J, j, O the number of the week is 12.
Project - Coffee Filter Planet- I saw this craft on the website http://www.prekinders.com/ under the Space theme. Before making the planet. Connor, Lauren and I discussed things that are in space and then we named the planets - Connor even told me that Pluto isn't a planet anymore, because it burned out!
Directions: Connor and Lauren painted a coffee filter with watercolor paints. When the coffee filter was dry, they glued the painted filter onto black paper. They used white chalk to make stars. Then, they each named their planet. Lauren's is "Quanky" and Connor's is "Butterk" - I think they are great names! Materials Needed - coffee filters, water color paint, paint brushes, water, black paper, white chalk, glue stick

Learning Activities:
Today's Activities:

Handwriting - tracing lines
Numbers - 12, and one to one matching
Reading Readiness - up and down
Colors -purple
Writing Letters - Uppercase J

3 comments:

  1. Hi I came across your blog on Moms like me! I will for surely be returning, looks like you have a lot of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea! We will be studying Planets next school year, I'll definitely keep this project for future use. Your kids did a great job with theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connor would tell you that Pluto isn't a planet. ha!

    ReplyDelete