Friday, May 7, 2010

Silhouettes!

Day 3 of the week - The theme this week is Mother's Day.


Project - Silhouettes - I have been wanting to do silhouettes for a long time, but I never have gotten around to it, plus I don't think they would have been able to sit still for the amount of time needed. I had saved a silhouette project idea from Family Fun Magazine last year, but completely forgot about it until I saw silhouettes done on the blog http://www.veterankindergartenteacher.blogspot.com/ She blogged about the silhouette projects she does for Grandparents Day. She did an awesome job with the silhouettes and it sparked my mind into doing silhouettes for Mother's Day. Check out her blog - she has creative ideas, funny stories, touching stories and very insightful posts! We did the silhouettes earlier this week, and I just got done framing them today. Then Lauren says to me "We did these in pre-school yesterday." Well, come to find out they did silhouettes in pre-school as gifts for Mother's Day! Connor told me they made secret gifts for Mother's Day, and he wasn't going to tell me what they were! Poor thing, he knew we made these at home and at pre-school and he still kept it a secret. When he found out Lauren had told me about the silhouette gifts in pre-school he cried. He felt so bad about me finding out! I told him that I still didn't know what my gift looked like and it would still be very special, because he made it just for me and there was still another secret gift! He seems to feel better about it now. I think our silhouettes turned out great - and now we will have double ones!! I framed their silhouettes and matted each one with decorative paper. Pink and butterflies for Lauren and blue and green for Connor. I think they turned out pretty cute! Connor did have a hard time holding still - we had to start over about 4 times - that is why he looks like he is pouting in his! Lauren said he had a hard time holding still in pre-school too!! :) HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

2 comments:

  1. OH!!! That was my favorite thing that I had made as a kid. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome projects. I also remember those from my younger days. Hope you had a great Mother's Day and thanks for stopping by with your kind wishes.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete