Thursday, May 6, 2010

Paper and Pom Pom Flowers!

Day 2 of the week - The theme this week is Mother's Day. The letter of the week is Z, z.
Project - Paper and Pom Pom Flowers - I can't remember where I saw this project, but I saw it a while back, and I thought the flowers were adorable. Directions: Trace a flower cookie cutter or draw your own onto colored construction paper. Cut the flowers out. Cut a slit from one edge to the middle of the flower. Overlap the slit petals and tape to make a sort-of cone shape. Tape the flowers to colored drinking straws. Glue pom poms in the center of each flower! You can also add green paper leaves to the stems - we did not do this! Materials Needed: flower cookie cutter, colored drinking straws, construction paper, tape, glue, pom poms scissors
Learning Activities:
Today's Activities:
letters - lowercase z
numbers - number review, counting
writing- journal writing



6 comments:

  1. Ask Connor why I didn't get a postcard when he went on his safari...I'm a little hurt. He brought back some cute flowers though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome craft and your kiddos are so cute!

    Happy Friday Follow! Thanks so much for joining in.

    Lynn
    http://www.middayescapades.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming over from Friday Follow!! Darling kids and great craft!!! Linking you up to Midchix.com.........on the "Crafty Mamas" Flock!
    I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will you start a homeschooling Flock at Midchix?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! Your site looks awesome and like it will be a great resource to help me find stuff for my kiddo to do. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete