Thursday, May 13, 2010

Buster The Dog!

Day 3 of the week - The theme this week is Books!
Learning Activity- (Source: The Mailbox Magazine) I placed a stuff kitten into a shoe box and had Connor and Lauren predict what might be in the box. Then I opened the box and removed the stuffed kitten. I introduced the kitten as Betty and I explained that Betty shows up in the story in a box just like the box I showed you. Then I took out the book, Buster by Denise Fleming, and read it aloud.
Project - Paper Buster - I cut shapes from brown construction paper to make Buster. Connor and Lauren glued the shapes together to make Buster. They looked at the illustrations in the book as a guide. Then they drew a face on Buster! Materials Needed - brown construction paper, scissors, glue, black marker
Learning Activities
Today's Activities:
Alphabet - D, writing, beginning sound
Numbers - 5 - counting, following directions
Math Readiness - counting, following directions, recognition
Kindergarten Readiness - The same size
Transition Math - matching, recognition, following directions

12 comments:

  1. As usual, a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so darn cute! I love what you do with the kids. I have to talk to you soon... about stuff;) Wish you the best right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently homeschooling my daughter until she starts kinder this fall. I definitely can use some of your ideas to interest her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog via Friday Follow and decided to follow you. I hope you will check out my blog. I am #106 Traci66 on Mr. Linky or http://traci66.blogspot.com Also check out my giveaways on my right sidebar if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from Friday Follow - just to say "hi", we're already follow-friends!

    Have a great weekend-

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from Friday Follow to say Hi!

    Please stop by and see my review on Molly's Money Making Digest:
    http://bit.ly/adcjFP

    And enter my giveaway for Peter Rabbit Children's Products:
    http://bit.ly/a9kCNz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Follow Friday!! I am now following you. Please stop by when you have a minute. I noticed I'm also your #200 follower! WOOHOO!

    I love your blog! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your blog through Friday Follow, now following you. I love your blog I have 4 girls and am always looking for new activities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you ever read The Puppy Who Wanted a Boy? That would be a fun book to read with this activity. I also have an activity where kids make the head of a dog using a paper plate. They love that activity. Hope you are doing well Kyrstin. Have a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always have fun kids craft to do here. My boys would love doing this one! I wanted to stop by and thank you for sharing that sweet mom memory at Everyday Mom Ideas. It sounds like you had a great time in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got a surprise for you on my blog...come see!

    ReplyDelete