Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Key Tag Name Picture Frames!

Day 2 of our week - The theme this week is Our Name. The letter of the week is F, f and the number of the week is 5.
Key Tag Name Picture Frame
Project - Key Tag Name Picture Frames. I was trying to think of a fun project that involved the kids names and would be appealing to the eye. I had a bunch of these key tags and different letter stickers. While I was in Wal-Mart I saw the foam craft frames and voila' the whole project came together!! First Connor and Lauren found the letters for their names and stuck the stickers in order on the key tags. I hot glued one end of some fishing line onto the top corner of the frame. Then, we strung the key tags on the fishing line to spell Connor and Lauren. Then, I hot glued the other end of the fishing line to the frame. Connor and Lauren chose stickers and decorated the rest of their frames. (this was their idea) I stuck stickers over the ends of the fishing line to hide the hot glue. Now all we have to do is find pictures to go in the frames. Materials needed - foam craft frame (or other type of frame), key tags, fishing line, hot glue gun, scissors, stickers.

Connor searching for the letters in his name

Lauren looking for the r for her name
Learning Activities - I have been using the workbook Everything for Early Learning Preschool workbook. (I purchased it at Wal-Mart)
Today's Activities:
The letter F - recognition, writing, beginning sounds, following directions
The number 5 - recognition, one-to-one correspondence, writing, following directions
Shape Review - recognition, following directions
The concepts beginning and first - recognition, following directions



No comments:

Post a Comment