Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Finger Painting - outside scene!

Day 2 of our week - No theme this week. The letter of the week is G, g and the number of the week is 4.

Lauren's finger painting
Project - Connor and Lauren haven't used finger paints in a long time, so I thought today would be a great day to have fun with the paints. I gave them each a blank piece of 11/13 white construction paper. I squeezed red, yellow, blue, and green finger paint onto plates. I set out paintbrushes, Popsicle sticks and pipe cleaners and dinosaur cookie cutters to create with. I asked them to make an outdoor scene (What do you see outside?) They had a lot of fun painting their pictures. * We used dinosaur cookie cutters, because they are really into dinosaur stuff this week!* Materials Needed - 11/13 white construction paper, finger paints, paint brushes, Popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners, cookie cutters.

Connor's Painting
Learning Activities - I have been using the workbook Everything for Early Learning Preschool workbook. (I purchased it at Wal-Mart)
Today's Activities:
The letter G, g - writing, beginning sound
The number 4 - recognition, one-to-one correspondence, following directions
The concepts first, second and third - recognition, matching,following directions
The concept down- recognition, following directions, cutting and pasting

No comments:

Post a Comment