Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Sugar Cookies!

Day 3 of the Week - The theme this week is Easter. The letters of the week are k, M, m. Project - Easter Sugar Cookies - We made cookies instead of a craft today. I have some cute Easter/Spring cookie cutters so we used them to make some delicious sugar cookies. Lauren was a great helper. She loved cutting the cookies out, frosting them and of course eating them. I used my mom's Sugar Cookie recipe and her cream cheese frosting recipe too! I am sharing both of them just in case you want to make some cookies too!!! Sugar Cookies
Mix: 1 c. white sugar, 1 c. powdered sugar, 2 c. butter or margarine
Add: 2 eggs, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cream of tartar, 1 tsp of salt, 1 tsp vanilla
Add: 4 1/2 c. of flour - form into 3 balls. Chill well - roll out on floured surface. Use cookie cutters to cut into cookies. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 min. (I halved the recipe for our Easter Cookies)

Cream Cheese Frosting
1/4 c. butter, 4 oz cream cheese, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/2 lb (2 c.) powdered sugar. - mix until smooth!

We also did a little Easter Scavenger hunt with number recognition! Lauren had a blast searching for her eggs!

Addie playing while Lauren is searching for her eggs.

Addie and Lauren with their Easter Scavenger Hunt prizes!!
Learning Activities
Today's Activities:
Numbers - counting pennies, writing numbers, less than
Pre-Reading Skills - reasoning
Beginning Sounds - writing beginning consonant sounds, recognition
Ending Sounds - recognition, writing ending sounds
Writing Letters -Lowercase m

3 comments:

  1. Tnanks for letting us borrow Connor today-we had SO much fun! He kept us laughing. I'm sure he will love to eat the cookies you made:) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystin,

    What a fun filled day your sweet girls had! The cookies look so good! If you ever want me to email you any games or worksheets, let me know. I have a fun graph on pennies, nickels and dimes when you get to it. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your new follower, have a great friday and please check out the give away on my blog

    ReplyDelete