Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Egg Carton Turtle!

Egg Carton Turtles!



Day 3 of our Week - Our theme this week is Ponds and Turtles! Our letter of the week is the letter C, and the numbers of the week are 7 and 8.


Learning Activities - I have been using the workbook Everything for Early Learning Preschool workbook. (I purchased it at Wal-Mart).


Today's activities 1. The number 8 - number recognition, counting objects, following directions 2. The concept shortest - Recognition and following directions 3. The letter C, c - letter recognition. 4. Shape - triangle - Tracing and recognizing.


I always do letter/number reviews and they always write their names.


Connor and Lauren with their Turtles! - Smile Lauren :)


Project - Egg Carton Turtle - I found inspiration for this project this morning when I used the last egg to make waffles. I was going to throw away the egg carton when I thought it would make great turtle shells. First, I cut out two individual parts of the egg carton (where each egg sits) Then, Connor and Lauren painted their carton/shell green. Then they sprinkled green glitter onto the wet paint and we let the paint and glitter dry. After the shells were dry, I cut an oval head, 4 skinny oval legs and a triangle tail out of light brown foam. Connor and Lauren helped me hot glue the body parts to the underside of the shell. At the end they glued on googly eyes! Materials Needed - egg carton, green paint, green glitter, hotglue or craft glue, scissors, brown foam and googly eyes

The two turtles

No comments:

Post a Comment