Monday, July 27, 2009

Egg Carton Clams!

Day 1 of our week- Our theme this week is The beach! The letter of the week is E,e and the number of the week is 6.

Project - Egg Carton Clams - I found this project in the July 2009 edition of Parents Magazine. I cut out 2 egg carton holders for each child. I taped the insides of each cup together. Connor and Lauren used pink markers to color in the mouth of lips of the clams. Then on each "clam" I squeezed vertical strips of glue. Connor and Lauren sprinkled gold glitter over the glue strips and glued on googly eyes. This is an easy fun project for any age. Connor and Lauren always have fun with glitter and glue. Materials needed- egg carton, gold glitter, glue, googly eyes, pink marker, scotch tape, scissors

The Egg Carton Clams

Learning Activities - I have been using the workbook Everything for Early Learning Preschool workbook. (I purchased it at Wal-Mart)

Today's Activities:
1. The letter E,e - recognition and writing
2. The number 6 - recognition, one-to-one correspondence, writing
3. Shapes review - following directions, recognition
4. The concept tallest - following directions, recognition

No comments:

Post a Comment