Friday, November 19, 2010

Thankful Turkey!

This is a repost from last year!
Day 3 of the week - The theme this week is Thanksgiving. The letter of the week is U, u and the number of the week is 19.
Project - Thankful Turkey - I cut out an upper half of a body (for the turkey) out of brown paper along with a beak out of orange paper. I traced feather shaped patterns onto red, green, orange and yellow paper and Connor and Lauren cut each cut out 4 feathers. I wrote I am thankful for. . . . . on the top of each piece of construction paper. Connor and Lauren glued the turkey body onto their construction paper. They glued the beak onto their turkey and added googly eyes. Next, they brainstormed what they were thankful for and I wrote each of their four things on a piece of paper. They copied the 4 "thankful" words onto each of their turkey feathers. Then, they glued the feathers behind their turkey body. Materials needed - construction paper, brown, green, yellow, red, orange construction paper, googly eyes, scissors, glue, markers
Learning Activities - I have been using the workbook Everything for Early Learning Preschool workbook. (I purchased it at Wal-Mart)
Today's Activities:
The letter U, u - recognition, and beginning sound
The number 19- recognition and writing
Number Review - recognition, counting, following directions, cutting and pasting

1 comment: