Thursday, October 15, 2009

One-eyed mask!

Day 3 of the week - The theme this week is Halloween Creatures! The letter of the week is P, p and the number of the week is 14.
Project - One-eyed mask - Originally this mask was supposed to be green with antennae, or spiky hair, but Connor insisted on a "black creature mask, with no hair or antennae." These are his words and ideas - so we went with it. I used one of his animal masks as a template and traced the mask onto black foam. I cut 2 eye holes and Connor added foam circles to the mask, for a polka-dot look. I cut out a large white circle and a smaller black circle to create the "one-eyed monster" look. The I punched holes on each side of the mask and used the stretchy string from an old party hat to finish of the mask. Connor loves his "monster mask." It looks more like a Mardi Gras mask to me but, oh well, it is his project and that is all that matters. He is being creative and having fun, that is all I can ask for!! Materials Needed - any color foam, scissors, foam circles (or any other shapes), hole punch, stretchy string
Connor's Mask

Learning Activities - I have been using the workbook Everything for Early Learning Preschool workbook. (I purchased it at Wal-Mart)
Today's Activities:
The letter P, p - beginning sound
The number 14 - recognition, writing, counting
Tracing Lines - fine motor skills, following directions
Number Review - recognition, counting, following directions

No comments:

Post a Comment