Monday, October 19, 2009

Ghostly Necklace!

Day 1 of the week - The theme this week is ghosts. The letter of the week is Q, q and the number of the week is 15.
Project - Ghostly Necklace. I found this craft on the website http://www.kidscraftmagazine.com/ - under Ghostly Necklace. I printed off the ghost pattern, cut it out and traced it onto white foam and cut out again. I used the point of my scissors to make holes in the center of the hands as the template shows. I used permanent marker to draw a face on the ghost. Then I tied a small bow with orange ribbon and glued onto the ghost. Connor and Lauren used orange,white and letter beads to spell out their names - and strung the beads onto the ribbon. I threaded the end of the ribbon through the hands of the ghost, and tied the two ends of the cord into a knot to make a necklace. Materials Needed - white foam, ghost template, pencil, scissors, permanent marker, orange ribbon, string or cord, beads (multi-color, letter beads), glue
The Ghostly Necklaces'

Connor and Lauren modeling their creations!

Learning Activities - I have been using the workbook Everything for Early Learning Preschool workbook. (I purchased it at Wal-Mart)
Today's Activities:
The letter Q, q - writing, recognition
The number 15 - recognition, writing, counting
Number Review - recognition, counting, following directions

No comments:

Post a Comment