Monday, October 26, 2009

Frankenstein - The Monster!

Day 1 of the week - The theme this week is Halloween. The letter of the week is R, r and the number of the week is 16.
Project - Frankenstein - The Monster! I saw this project in the Oriental Trading Company Magazine. I adapted it and created my own project!! First - I glued 6 large craft sticks to a cereal box (you can use card stock or tag board) Second - Connor and Lauren painted the craft sticks green. Third - After the sticks were dry I cut around the sticks to remove the extra cereal box. Fourth - Connor and Lauren glued the foam, hair, cheeks, nose, mouth, stitches, shirt and googly eyes onto the craft sticks. Fifth - I added a piece of ribbon for a hanger to Lauren's Monster!! ***I created and cut out the hair, mouth, and stitches from black foam, the nose from purple foam, the cheeks from pink foam, and the shirt piece from orange foam. Materials Needed - heavy piece of paper - cereal box, or tag board or card stock, 6 large craft sticks, green paint, glue, paint brush, black, orange, pink purple foam, googly eyes, ribbon (optional)
Learning Activities - I have been using the workbook Everything for Early Learning Preschool workbook. (I purchased it at Wal-Mart)
Today's Activities:
The letter R, r - writing, recognition
The number 16- recognition, writing, counting
Number Review - recognition, counting, following directions

No comments:

Post a Comment