Monday, November 16, 2009

Craft Stick Scarecrow!

Day 1 of the week - The theme this week is Thanksgiving. The letter of the week is U, u and the number of the week is 19.
Project - Craft Stick Scarecrow - I saw this project in Oriental Trading Company magazine. I glued 7 large craft sticks to a cereal box (0r piece of cardboard). Next, I glued on 6 small, yellow craft sticks for hair. I cut a hat shape out of light brown foam, a strip for the hat out of blue foam, a triangle nose out of orange foam, two flower shapes out of yellow and orange foam, a circle for the inside of the flower out of light brown foam and a mouth out of dark brown foam. After the sticks were dry, I cut around the cereal box to remove the excess. Connor glued on all of the pieces to the scarecrow, plus two googly eyes. Materials Needed - 7 large craft sticks, 6 small, yellow craft sticks, dark brown, light brown, yellow, orange, blue foam, googly eyes, scissors, cereal box (cardboard), craft glue.
Learning Activities - I have been using the workbook Everything for Early Learning Preschool workbook. (I purchased it at Wal-Mart)
Today's Activities:
The letter U, u- writing, recognition
The number 19- recognition, writing, counting
Number Review - counting, following directions

No comments:

Post a Comment